Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Nikon Owner South-Coast Group Christmas Dinner

Adrian Cochrane and Andy Hewson, co-founders of the Nikon Owner South-Coast Group, are pleased to announce the South-Coast Group Christmas Dinner at the Duke of Wellington Pub at 36, Bugle Street, Southampton, on Saturday, 19th December 2009.

Venue Details for the Christmas Dinner:

The back room of the Duke of Wellington Pub

7.00 p.m. for a 7.30 p.m. start

Duke of Wellington
36 Bugle Street
SO14 2AH

Telephone no: 02380 339222

Click here for Map

Duke of Wellington, Bugle Street, Southampton

The Duke of Wellington is a wonderful historic pub and the same excellent venue that has been used before. It is a superb location for a celebratory dinner and Adrian and Andy would appreciate it if everyone possible could attend, in order that the landlord can justify our use of the room.

Places for the dinner are limited to 20, but please do feel free to bring family members and additional guests. The Christmas Menu and Booking Form can be accessed on the Nikon Owner Message Board forum

The cost is just £34.00 per head for a full three-course dinner with wine included. Kindly pay on the night. We look forward to seeing you Saturday 19th, December 2009. Please indicate your attendance by replying to the message on the Nikon Owner Message Board under the subject: South Coast Group Christmas Dinner

Kind regards,

Gray Levett
Editor, Nikon Owner magazine

Nikon Owner magazine
40 Churton Street
London SW1V 2LP
Tel: +44 020 7828 8971
Fax: +44 020 7976 5783

Located in Southampton's historic Bugle Street, the Duke of Wellington Pub, a dark timbered medieval building, was originally built upon Norman vaults and cellars in 1220. In 1494 the building was for the first time converted into a public house after being bought by brewer Rowland Johnson who named it Bere House or Brew House, and subsequently set up Southampton's first brewery. In 1620 the pub would have been passed many times by the Pilgrim Fathers on their way to the Mayflower, which sailed its maiden voyage to The New World from the bottom of Bugle Street. Since that time, the pub has gone through a number of name changes. In the eighteenth century the pub was renamed the Shipwrights Arms serving the many local ship-builders. After the Battle of Waterloo in 1815, the owners of the pub celebrated by changing its name to that of the victorious Duke of Wellington who had become a national hero.

No comments: